Number of active children on the 1st of each month
Number of active children by age at 1st August 2017
Number of active Black and minority ethnic children at 1st August 2017
(The number of White British children at 1st August was 662)
April 2016-March 2017
On the Adoption Register for England in the year April 2016 to March 2017:
- 72% of children waiting to be adopted were 2 years and older
- 64% of children waiting to be matched were in sibling groups of two or more
- 56% of children waiting to be matched were boys and 44% of children waiting were girls
- 72% of children referred to the Adoption Register for England were white children and 28% were black minority ethnic children.
The Adoption Register for England hold 6 National Adoption Exchange Days over 12 months on behalf of the Department for Education. In the year April 2016 – March 2017:
- 126 children found permanent families through these events
- Nearly 1000 families have benefitted from these events and over 200 agencies
- Children featured at these events are harder to place; children over 3 years old, of a BME ethnicity, part of a sibling group or with additional needs.