This Privacy Notice was last updated on 18th May 2018
This Privacy Notice describes the types of personal information we collect for the Adoption Register for England, why we collect it, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others, how long we keep it for, how we keep it secure, and what your rights are in relation to your information.
Your use of the Adoption Register is subject to our terms & Conditions :-
• I confirm that I am a prospective adopter using the Adoption Register for England to actively search for a child to be placed with me for adoption.
• I will not share any information that I obtain as a result of using the Adoption Register for England with anyone other than securely with an individual I am approved to adopt with or my adoption agency.
• I will inform the Adoption Register for England about the theft, unauthorised sharing or loss of a document or any other item which contains information received as a result of using the Adoption Register for England.
• I will not share my login details with any other individual(s).
• I confirm that I am a practitioner from an Ofsted-registered adoption agency, using the Adoption Register for England to actively search for adoption matches.
• I confirm that I will not share my personal login password for the Adoption Register with my colleagues, potential adopters, clients or any other agency or any other individual(s).
• I confirm that I will not share any information that I obtain as a result of using the Adoption Register for England by any other means than securely and then only with an authorised colleague within my adoption agency.
• I will inform the Adoption Register for England (Contact No: 0345 222 9015) if I believe there has been any suspicious activity in relation to unauthorised access to the Register, in the event of a theft, unauthorised sharing, or loss of a document or any other activity which places at risk, the personal information on children and families/potential adopters held on the Adoption Register for England.
Any questions regarding this Privacy Notice and our privacy practices should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to the Adoption Match Manager, Adoption Match, Unit 4, Pavilion Business Park, Royds Hall Road, Wortley, Leeds, LS12 6AJ.
Who we are
Adoption Match is a national matching service. It runs the Adoption register for England on behalf of the Department for Education, the statutory register of children and families waiting for adoption. All children should be referred to the Adoption Register for England no later than 90 days after the agency decision for adoption is made. All families should be referred to the Adoption for England no later than 90 days after approval (with consent).
The information we hold on children is provided by the Local Authority and they are considered the data controllers for this information.
What personal information on adopters do we collect?
This privacy notice applies to all personal information provided by you or your social worker in your referral or any subsequent information supplied by you to the Adoption Register for England.
The personal information we collect might include:
• Profile information (matching criteria, interests, skills)
• Approval date
• Email address
• Telephone number
• Adoption Agency
• Practitioner details
• IP address
How is your information used?
We use your information to:
• Find families for children waiting for adoption, through searching the Adoption Register Database. Searches can be conducted by Regional Business Partners from the Adoption Match team, practitioners from across the country and adopters across the country.
• Email addresses will be used to send information regarding the Register. This might include newsletters, information about your record, information about Adoption Exchange Days or Adoption Activity Days.
Legal basis for processing your data
Practitioners from Local Authorities remain the data controller for children referred to the Register.
The Adoption Register for England is the statutory register for children and families waiting for adoption. All children waiting for adoption should be referred to the Adoption Register within 90 days of the agency decision for adoption and all families should be referred to the Adoption Register for England no later than 90 days after approval, with consent.
Who at Adoption Match will have access to your personal information?
Your data will be viewable by the Adoption Match team and by practitioners searching for children via the Adoption Register online database.
Will Adoption Match share your information with anyone else?
Your information will be shared with practitioners for children active on the Adoption Register by Regional Business Partners if you are identified as a link for a child.
We take reasonable steps that are designed to keep your personal data accurate, complete and up-to-date for the purposes for which it is collected and used. We also have implemented measures that are designed to ensure that our processing of your personal data complies with this privacy notice and applicable law (e.g. the General Data Protection Regulation).
You have the right to request access to the personal data that we have collected about you for the purposes of reviewing, modifying or requesting deletion of the data. You also have the right to request a copy of the personal data we have collected about you.
If you would like to make a request to access, review, or correct the personal data we have collected about you, or to discuss how we process your personal data, please contact the Adoption Match team.
To help protect your privacy and security, we will verify your identity before granting you access to your personal data.
How long will Adoption Match keep your personal information?
Adoption Match will anonymise your data 18 months after your record has been withdrawn from the Adoption Register for England and all personal information will be removed.
You can request your information be deleted from the Adoption Register for England at any time, by contacting the Adoption Match team.
How will we secure your personal information?
We use a variety of data security measures intended to ensure the confidentiality, and integrity of your personal information, including the use of secure servers, firewalls, and encryption of application data. Adoption Match is ISO 27001 accredited and the Adoption Register for England database is compliant with government security standards.
Changes to this privacy notice
If we modify this privacy notice, we will post the revised version here, with an updated revision date. Please check back periodically, and especially before you provide any personally identifiable information.
Adoption Match tries to meet the highest standards when collecting and using personal information. For this reason, we take any complaints we receive about this very seriously and encourage people to bring it to our attention if they think that our collection or use of information is unfair, misleading or inappropriate. You have the right to complain at any time to the Adoption Match Manager.
In the event of a conflict concerning the processing of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority in the UK:
Information Commissioner’s Office
• 0303 123 1113
• Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5A
For further information on how your information is used, how we maintain the security of your information, and your rights to access information we hold on you, please contact us:
• By email: email@example.com
• Or write to us at: Adoption Match Manager, Unit 4, Pavilion Business Park, Royds Hall Road, Wortley, Leeds, LS12 6AJ